Monday, January 18, 2016

Judges 17

HNV

____________

multi        interlinear        parallel      notes
____________

Judges 16      INDEX      Judges 18
____________


1 There was a man of the hill-country of Efrayim, whose name was Mikhah.

2 He said to his mother, The eleven hundred [pieces] of silver that were taken from you, about which you did utter a curse, and did also speak it in my ears, behold, the silver is with me; I took it. His mother said, Blessed be my son of the LORD.

3 He restored the eleven hundred [pieces] of silver to his mother; and his mother said, I most assuredly dedicate the silver to the LORD from my hand for my son, to make an engraved image and a molten image: now therefore I will restore it to you.

4 When he restored the money to his mother, his mother took two hundred [pieces] of silver, and gave them to the founder, who made of it an engraved image and a molten image: and it was in the house of Mikhah.

5 The man Mikhah had a house of gods, and he made an efod, and terafim, and consecrated one of his sons, who became his Kohen.

6 In those days there was no king in Yisra'el: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

7 There was a young man out of Beit-Lechem-Yehudah, of the family of Yehudah, who was a Levite; and he sojourned there.

8 The man departed out of the city, out of Beit-Lechem-Yehudah, to sojourn where he could find [a place], and he came to the hill-country of Efrayim to the house of Mikhah, as he journeyed.

9 Mikhah said to him, Whence come you? He said to him, I am a Levite of Beit-Lechem-Yehudah, and I go to sojourn where I may find [a place].

10 Mikhah said to him, Dwell with me, and be to me a father and a Kohen, and I will give you ten [pieces] of silver by the year, and a suit of clothing, and your victuals. So the Levite went in.

11 The Levite was content to dwell with the man; and the young man was to him as one of his sons.

12 Mikhah consecrated the Levite, and the young man became his Kohen, and was in the house of Mikhah.

13 Then said Mikhah, Now know I that the LORD will do me good, seeing I have a Levite to my Kohen.



No comments:

Post a Comment