Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Amos 1

HNV

____________

multi        interlinear        parallel      notes
____________

Yoel 3      INDEX      Amos 2
____________


1 The words of `Amos, who was among the herdsmen of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Yisra'el in the days of `Uzziyah king of Yehudah, and in the days of Yarov`am the son of Yo'ash king of Yisra'el, two years before the earthquake.

2 He said: The LORD will roar from Tziyon, And utter his voice from Yerushalayim; And the pastures of the shepherds will mourn, And the top of Karmel will.wither."

3 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of Dammesek, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because they have threshed Gil`ad with threshing instruments of iron;

4 But I will send a fire into the house of Haza'el, And it will devour the palaces of Ben-Hadad.

5 I will break the bar of Dammesek, And cut off the inhabitant from the valley of Aven, And him who holds the scepter from the house of `Eden; And the people of Aram shall go into captivity to Kir," says the LORD.

6 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of `Aza, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because they carried away captive the whole community, To deliver them up to Edom;

7 But I will send a fire on the wall of `Aza, And it will devour its palaces.

8 I will cut off the inhabitant from Ashdod, And him who holds the scepter from Ashkelon; And I will turn my hand against `Ekron; And the remnant of the Pelishtim will perish," says the Lord GOD.

9 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of Tzor, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because they delivered up the whole community to Edom, And didn't remember the brotherly covenant;

10 But I will send a fire on the wall of Tzor, And it will devour its palaces."

11 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of Edom, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because he pursued his brother with the sword, And cast off all pity, And his anger raged continually, And he kept his wrath forever;

12 But I will send a fire on Teman, And it will devour the palaces of Botzrah."

13 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of the children of `Ammon, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because they have ripped open the pregnant women of Gil`ad, That they may enlarge their border.

14 But I will kindle a fire in the wall of Rabbah, And it will devour its palaces, With shouting in the day of battle, With a tempest in the day of the whirlwind;

15 And their king will go into captivity, He and his princes together," says the LORD.



No comments:

Post a Comment