Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hoshea 11

HNV

____________

multi        interlinear        parallel      notes
____________

Hoshea 10      INDEX      Hoshea 12
____________


1 "When Yisra'el was a child, then I loved him, And called my son out of Mitzrayim.

2 They called to them, so they went from them. They sacrificed to the Ba`alim, And burned incense to engraved images.

3 Yet I taught Efrayim to walk. I took them by his arms; But they didn't know that I healed them.

4 I drew them with cords of a man, with ties of love; And I was to them like those who lift up the yoke on their necks; And I bent down to him and I fed him.

5 They will not return into the land of Mitzrayim; But the Ashshur will be their king, Because they refused to repent.

6 The sword will fall on their cities, And will consume their gate bars, And will put an end to their plans.

7 My people are determined to turn from me. Though they call to Ha`Elyon, He certainly won't exalt them.

8 "How can I give you up, Efrayim? How can I hand you over, Yisra'el? How can I make you like Admah? How can I make you like Tzevoyim? My heart is turned within me, My compassion is aroused.

9 I will not execute the fierceness of my anger. I will not return to destroy Efrayim: For I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of you; And I will not come in wrath.

10 They will walk after the LORD, Who will roar like a lion; For he will roar, and the children will come trembling from the west.

11 They will come trembling like a bird out of Mitzrayim, And like a dove out of the land of Ashshur; And I will settle them in their houses," says the LORD.

12 Efrayim surrounds me with falsehood, And the house of Yisra'el with deceit; And Yehudah still us unruly with God, And is unfaithful to the Holy One.



No comments:

Post a Comment