Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hoshea 12

HNV

____________

multi        interlinear        parallel      notes
____________

Hoshea 11      INDEX      Hoshea 13
____________


1 Efrayim feeds on wind, And chases the east wind. He continually multiplies lies and desolation. They make a covenant with Ashshur, And oil is carried into Mitzrayim.

2 The LORD also has a controversy with Yehudah, And will punish Ya`akov according to his ways; According to his deeds he will repay him.

3 In the womb he took his brother by the heel; And in his manhood he had power with God.

4 Indeed, he had power over the angel, and prevailed; He wept, and made supplication to him. He found him at Beit-El, and there he spoke with us,

5 Even the LORD, the God Tzva'ot,; The LORD is his name of renown!

6 Therefore turn to your God. Keep kindness and justice, And wait for your God continually.

7 A merchant has dishonest scales in his hand. He loves to defraud.

8 Efrayim said, "Surely I have become rich, I have found myself wealth. In all my wealth they won't find in me any iniquity that is sin."

9 "But I am the LORD your God from the land of Mitzrayim. I will yet again make you to dwell in tents, As in the days of the solemn feast.

10 I have also spoken to the prophets, And I have multiplied visions; And by the ministry of the prophets I have used parables.

11 If Gil`ad is wicked, Surely they are worthless. In Gilgal they sacrifice bulls. Indeed, their altars are like heaps in the furrows of the field.

12 Ya`akov fled into the country of Aram, And Yisra'el served to get a wife, And for a wife he tended flocks and herds.

13 By a prophet the LORD brought Yisra'el up out of Mitzrayim, And by a prophet he was preserved.

14 Efrayim has provoked to anger most bitterly. Therefore his blood will be left on him, And his his Lord will repay his contempt.



No comments:

Post a Comment