Friday, October 12, 2012

Genesis 4

CSV draft / HNV

____________

multi        interlinear        parallel      notes
____________

Genesis 3      INDEX      Genesis 5
____________



  1  And the man yada Chavvah his wife, and she conceived, and gave birth to Qayin, and said, "I have gotten a manchild from GOD."

  And again she gave birth, to Qayin's brother Habel.  And  Habel became a keeper of sheep, but Qayin was a tiller of the ground.

  And it came in process of time Qayin brought an offering to GOD from the fruit of the ground.

  And Habel brought also of the firstborn of his flock and of the fatlings; and GOD had regard for Habel and his offering,

  And for Qayin and his offering he had no regard; and Qayin became very angry, and his face fell.

  And GOD said to Qayin, "Why are you angry?  Why has your face fallen?

  If you do well, will you not be lifted up; and if you do not do well, a sin-offering is lying at the entrance; its desire is for you, and you control it."

  Qayin said to Habel, his brother, "Let us go into the field;" and it came to pass in the field, and Qayin rose up against Habel his brother, and killed him.

  And GOD said to Qayin, "Where is Habel, your brother?" and he said, "I do not know; am I my brother's keeper?"

10  And He said, "What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood is crying unto me from the ground.

11  And now you are cursed because of the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand.

12  When you till the ground, it will no longer yield its strength to you; you shall be a vagrant wanderer in the land."

13  And Qayin said to GOD, "My punishment is greater than I can bear.

14  Behold, you have driven me out this day from the face of the ground: I will be hidden from your face, and I will be a vagrant wanderer in the land, and it will be that whoever finds me will kill me."

15  And GOD said to him, "Therefore whoever slays Kayin, vengeance will be taken on him sevenfold." And GOD appointed a sign for Kayin, lest any finding him should strike him.

16  And Kayin went out from the presence of GOD's, and lived in the land, wandering east of Eden.

17  And Kayin yada his wife, and she conceived, and gave birth to Hanokh.  And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son Hanokh.

18  And to Hanokh was born `Irad; and `Irad begat Mechuyael, and Mechuyael begat Metushael,and Metushael begat Lamek.

19  And Lamek took two wives: the name of the one was `Adah, and the name of the other Tzillah.

20  `Adah gave birth to Yabal; he was the father of those who dwell in tents and have cattle.

21   And his brother was Yubal; he was the father of all who handle the lyre and flute.

22   And Tzillah also gave birth to Tubal-Qayin, forger and artificer of all brass and iron; and the sister was Tubal-Qayin was Na'amah.

**

23 Lamekh said to his wives, "`Adah and Tzillah, Hear my voice, You wives of Lamekh, listen to my speech, For I have slain a man for wounding me, A young man for bruising me.

24 If Qayin will be avenged seven times, Truly Lamekh seventy-seven times.

25 Adam knew his wife again. She gave birth to a son, and named him Shet. For, she said, "God has appointed me another child instead of Hevel, for Qayin killed him."

26 There was also born a son to Shet, and he named him Enosh. Then men began to call on the LORD's name.


No comments:

Post a Comment